White Chicken Chili
This hearty dish is a wonderful alternative to a regular beef chili and also contains many beneficial herbs including turmeric which may help prevent cancer, Alzheimer’s, heartburn and arthritis.
- 8 oz cooked chicken skinless, boneless, shredded white or dark meat
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 oz Mushrooms sliced
- 1/2 pound Fresh kale chopped
- 1 14 oz can chicken broth low fat and reduced sodium
- 2 cups water
- 1 15.5 oz can Navy beans drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz can White corn drained and rinsed
- 1 4.5 oz can Green chilies chopped
- 2 tsp Lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tsp dried parsley or 1/4 cup fresh parsley
- 1 tsp roasted garlic this comes in a jar (or use 1 minced garlic clove)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp dried mustard
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- Black pepper to taste
- 1-2 Tbs. Olive oil
- In a large stockpot, saute onions and garlic in olive oil stirring until translucent.
- Add chicken, onion, mushrooms, chicken broth, water, navy beans, corn, chilies, garlic and seasonings. For a thicker soup puree or mash 1/2 of the can of beans before adding.
- Bring to a boil and then simmer for 45 minutes to one hour, stirring occasionally. Taste and adjust seasonings as desired
- Add kale in the last few minutes and cook until tender. Serve hot.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!