Three Grain Salad
Working on getting more whole grain into your diet? Try this one out. You can use whatever grain you have in your cupboard and whatever fresh herbs you have in your garden!
- 1 cup Spelt
- 1 cup Wheat berries
- 1 cup Rye berries
- 3 quarts water
- 1 cup kalamata olive halved
- 1 cup feta cheese crumble
- 1 medium cucumber diced
- 2 medium tomatoes diced
- 1 small red onion diced
- 1/2 cup Oregano leaves chopped
- 1/2 cup Parsley leaves chopped
- Bring the water to a boil in a large pot.
- Rinse the grains and add them to the boiling water. Reduce heat and simmer for about 45 minutes. Drain and cool.
- Combine with the olives, cheese, vegetables and herbs.
- Whisk dressing ingredients together. Add to everything else and mix.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour. Serve on a bed of lettuce or whatever greens you have in the garden and garnished with sprigs of oregano and parsley.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!