Roasted Pears with Orange
- 1 large naval orange
- 6 Bosc pears
- 1/2 cups hearty red wine such as Chianti
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cups local honey
- 1 tbsp butter grass fed
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- With vegetable peeler, remove peel from orange in 2" by 1/2" strips.
- With melon baller or small knife, remove cores and seeds from pears by cutting through blossom end (bottom) of unpeeled pears (do not remove stems from pears).
- In shallow 1 1/2- to 2-quart glass or ceramic baking dish, whisk and combine orange peel, wine, cinnamon and water.
- Place honey in medium bowl. Hold pears, 1 at a time, over bowl of honey with 1 hand (keep other hand dry). With dry hand, use pastry brush to brush pears with melted butter, then sprinkle pears with honey until coated. Stand pears in baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining honey into baking dish around pears.
- Bake pears 35 to 40 minutes or until tender when pierced with tip of small knife, basting occasionally with syrup in baking dish.
- Cool slightly, about 30 minutes, to serve warm. Or cool completely; cover and refrigerate up to 1 day. Reheat to serve.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!