Roasted Green Beans with Thyme
Best fresh from the garden!
- 1 lb Green beans fresh washed, dried, and trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp thyme leaves fresh
- 1/4 tsp black pepper ground
- salt to taste
- 1 tbsp Asiago, Parmesan or other dry cheese freshly grated (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees
- Lay beans out on baking sheet and drizzle oil over them. Season with thyme, salt and pepper. Toss the beans to coat them evenly. Spread in a single layer.
- Place on a rack in the lower third of oven. Bake 10 minutes then flip the beans, sprinkle with garlic and bake 5 more minutes until softened and browned.
- Remove from oven, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Calories: 61kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 3gFat: 3gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 37mgPotassium: 256mgFiber: 3gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 876IUVitamin C: 17mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!