Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1/4 cup pecan pieces
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 tsp honey optional
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Place pecan pieces on baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, checking frequently to avoid burning.
- Remove nuts from the oven and reset to 400 degrees.
- Cut squash lengthwise in half and remove the seeds.
- Place on a baking sheet, peel down.
- Add a small amount of water in the pan.
- Put 1/2 tsp butter and if desired, 1 tsp honey in the hole of each squash half.
- Place in oven and bake for 50 minutes until flesh is tender.
- Every 20 minutes, baste the top with the butter honey mix.
- When done, remove from oven, sprinkle with nut pieces and then cinnamon.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!