Open Face Veggie Sandwich
- 4 4-inch (small) whole grain tortillas or flat bread
- 1 medium squash (or two small) thinly sliced.
- 8 large kale leaves torn into bite sized pieces
- 4 tbsp Asiago cheese grated
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 tbsp herb fresh, chopped
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp butter
- Heat 1 tsp oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add squash in a single layer and brown (about 2 mins). Flip squash to brown other side and sprinkle herbs. (To reduce fat, roast the squash) Cook another 2 mins until browned.
- Remove squash, add a tsp oil and place kale, garlic and pepper in pan. Toss until the kale is coated with oil, reduce heat to low.
- Add wine and water, toss, cover and cook for 5 mins or more to desired consistency. Remove kale, turn heat to medium.
- Add bread, brown for about a min. Flip bread. Turn heat off, but leave the pan on the burner.
- Place a layer of squash on the bread, ¼ of the kale to each and a tbsp of cheese.
- Cover and leave until cheese is melted. Yummm!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!