Oatmeal Banana Cookies
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat baking flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon ground
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg ground
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 medium banana ripe
- 1 large egg
- 2 tbsp canola oil organic
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar packed
- 3 tbsp honey
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup dried cranberries
- 3/4 cup pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana with a fork.
- Add egg, oil, brown sugar and honey, applesauce, and vanilla and whisk to combine.
- Gradually add the egg mixture to the flour mixture, stirring until just incorporated.
- Fold in the oats, cranberries and pecans.
- Drop 1 tablespoon of dough onto the baking sheets, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake, rotating the positions of the pans halfway through, until the cookies are light golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes.
- Let cool on the sheets for 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!