Mom’s Perfect Salmon
This is the perfect go to meal for a quick work night dinner. Pairs easily with any side dish, low in calories and big on flavor.
- 1 lb salmon Wild Alaskan/Oregonian filets
- 1/4 cup creamy dressing E.g. Annie’s Original Salad Dressing
- 1/8 cup capers or tapenade
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp dry white wine or water
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Parsley sprigs
- Preheat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add oil. Sprinkle a few drops of water into the oil and when it sizzles, your oil is hot enough. Add fish, skin-side up, and cook for 1 minute. Turn fish. Cook for 1 minute. Add dressing, capers and reduce heat to simmer (low). Cover and cook for 10 minutes, checking frequently. Use a toothpick or fork to check the center of each filet. When redness is gone and fish flakes easily, it’s done. Sprinkle with lemon juice and garnish with parsley
Calories: 272kcalCarbohydrates: 2gProtein: 23gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 8gMonounsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 67mgSodium: 366mgPotassium: 575mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 80IUVitamin C: 2mgCalcium: 22mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!