Maple Mustard Chicken
- 4 5-oz chicken breasts free range
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp chicken broth
- 2 tbsp white wine
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp thyme fresh, lightly crushed
- 3 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp stone ground mustard
- Rub salt and pepper on chicken.
- Leave for 30 minutes to tenderize.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Heat oven safe skillet over medium high temperature.
- Add olive oil and when hot, add chicken.
- Brown chicken on both sides and remove from skillet.
- Add broth, wine, syrup, thyme and garlic.
- Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add vinegar and mustard, cook for an additional minute, stirring frequently. Add chicken back to the skillet.
- Spoon sauce over chicken and roast in oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove chicken and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cook and stir sauce over medium heat, on the stove top, for another minute, and then pour over chicken.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!