Kale Walnut Pesto
All pestos are fast and easy to make. This one uses Kale but any leafy green or herbs can be used.
- 5 large kale leaves
- 1/4 cup Nuts
- 3 tbsp olive oil organic
- 1 tbsp Walnut oil
- 3 clove garlic
- 1 oz Parmesan cheese grated
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- Cut kale leaves from stems and blanch in boiling water for 30 seconds.
- Quickly cool the kale in ice water.
- Drain the kale.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor and processuntil desired consistency is reached.
- Serve on crackers, pasta or use as a pizza sauce. Store in fridge or freeze for future use.
Calories: 163kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 5gFat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 3gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 95mgPotassium: 281mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 4783IUVitamin C: 58mgCalcium: 134mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!