Kale Cranberry Salad
- 1/2 bunch fresh kale
- 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1/2 tbsp walnut oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp local honey
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt to taste
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese optional
- Wash kale and tear leaves into bite sized pieces. Place in large bowl.
- For the dressing, squeeze juice from lemon into a small bowl. Add oils, honey, thyme and salt. Whisk until mixed well.
- Drizzle dressing over kale. Massage dressing into kale with hands to soften the leaves.
- Add cranberries, walnuts and feta cheese. Toss well and serve.
Calories: 483kcalCarbohydrates: 27gProtein: 10gFat: 41gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 22gMonounsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 805mgPotassium: 398mgFiber: 4gSugar: 15gVitamin A: 3398IUVitamin C: 56mgCalcium: 194mgIron: 2mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!