Gingered Shrimp Cucumber Stir-Fry
Great summer-time recipe when you are looking for creative ways to use all those cucumbers from your garden or CSA. Serve over rice.
- 12 oz shrimp peeled and deveined
- 3 medium cucumbers
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp fresh ginger minced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/4 cup green onions or chives thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp sherry
- 1 tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- Cut ends from cucumbers, slice in half vertically and scoop out seeds. Cut into 2 inch sections lengthwise and then into 1/4 inch sticks. Set aside. Prepare sauce and set aside. Heat wok or pan over medium high heat. Add oil. When hot, add garlic and ginger and stir-fry 20 seconds. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 minutes. Remove from pan and add cucumbers and onions. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add shrimp and sauce to pan. Bring to a boil, increasing heat if necessary. Stir until sauce thickens and you're done!
- Whisk sauce ingredients together.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!