- 3 medium eggplants peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch pieces
- olive oil
- bread crumbs Italian seasoned
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup almond milk or rice milk
- 2 15 oz jars seasoned tomato paste sauce
- 16 oz Ricotta
- 2 cups mozzarella shredded
- 3/4 cup Parmesan
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix ricotta, 1 1/2 cups mozarella cheese, salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs and mix with milk.
- Heat pan over medium heat and add oil till hot.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg mixture and then breadcrumbs and pan fry till golden brown on each side.
- Add 1 1/2 cup tomato sauce to 1 1/2 quart casserole dish.
- Layer fried eggplant slices. Spread 1/2 ricotta mixture.
- Shake 1/4 parmesan cheese over ricotta mixture. Repeat once.
- Pour over remaining sauce, add remaining eggplant slices, then mozzarella cheese and finally remaining parmesan.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes. Remove cover and bake for 15 minutes, until browned.
- Let sit for 10 minutes before slicing.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!