Easy Oat and Apple Sauce Muffins
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup flour whole wheat
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar optional
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- Place oats in a small bowl, pour in buttermilk. Let sit for two hours at room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease 12 muffin cups or line with paper muffin liners.
- In a large bowl, stir together whole wheat flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and brown sugar.
- Stir in oat/buttermilk mixture, applesauce and egg; mix well.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of muffin comes out clean.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!