Creamy Banana and Avocado Smoothie
Bananas are great on their own and have their own natural packaging for an on the go treat. They are extremely versatile and easily added to hot or cold cereal, in smoothies, and fruit salads. Just add a little lemon or orange juice to avoid browning. Bananas are delicious in baked products such as breads, muffins and cakes and often the sugar content can be decreased when using bananas.
- 1 large banana (or 2 small) fresh or frozen
- 1/2 small avocado pit and skin removed
- 1-1 1/2 cups unsweetened almond milk or other milk
- 1/2 - 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 tablespoon peanut or almond butter or 1 scoop protein powder optional
- Handful of ice if desired
- Place all ingredients in a blender. Blend on high for 30-45 seconds or until a smooth consistency.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!