Collards & Tomatoes
- 1 tsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3/4 `tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 2 cups packed, torn collard green leaves
- 1 cup diced tomatoes with no added salt, if canned
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine
- In large skillet, melt butter over medium high heat and add olive oil.
- Sautee garlic and spices for about 1 minute.
- Add collards, stirring until leaves are coated.
- Stir in tomatoes, soy sauce and wine.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook for 30 minutes or longer to desired consistency, occasionally stirring. Add water as needed.
Calories: 37kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 2gFat: 1gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 263mgPotassium: 181mgFiber: 1gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 1023IUVitamin C: 14mgCalcium: 66mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!