Cinnamon French Toast
- 4 slices bread day old whole wheat or other whole grain
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cups skim rice or soy milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cups ground nuts try walnuts and almonds
- 2 tsp butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Non-stick spray
- In a pie pan or shallow dish, beat eggs.
- Add milk, vanilla, 1 tsp cinnamon, 2 Tbsp ground nuts and mix.
- Heat skillet over medium high heat.
- Spray pan.
- Dip each slice of bread in egg mixture for a moment on both sides. Fry bread until golden brown on each side.
- Top each slice with ½ tsp. butter and 1½ tsp syrup or honey.
- Serve immediately.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!