- 1 chicken cut up and skinned or 6 skinless breasts or thighs
- 1 large onion chopped in large pieces
- 3 stalks celery cut in sections
- 15 small baby carrots cut into bite size pieces
- 1 package mushrooms sliced
For the Sauce
- 1 14 oz can cream of mushroom soup Healthy Request brand
- 1 14 oz chicken broth fat free low sodium
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup red wine
- 1/4 cup Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp Herbs from Provence
- 5 tbsp stems fresh rosemary stripped
- 1 tbsp parsley Dried or several sprigs chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp roasted garlic
- 1 tbsp Grey poupon
- salt/pepper to taste
- Mix all ingredients in a saucepan – bring to boil and simmer for ten minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Pray slow cooker with olive oil spray. Place chicken and vegetables in slow cooker, and top with sauce. Sprinkle extra dried parsley, pepper and herbs from Provence on top for color. Cook for 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low.
- Serve with brown rice and salad or veggies.
Calories: 516kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 38gFat: 33gSaturated Fat: 9gPolyunsaturated Fat: 7gMonounsaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 143mgSodium: 198mgPotassium: 820mgFiber: 3gSugar: 8gVitamin A: 5658IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 65mgIron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!