- 1 tbsp olive oil Extra Virgin
- 2 cups yellow squash slices, 1/8-inch-thick
- 2 cups Zucchini slices, 1/8-inch-thick
- 1/4 cup shallots chopped
- 1 tomato sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme fresh, chopped
- 1 cup milk 2% reduced-fat
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- 4 slices turkey bacon cooked and crumbled (optional)
- 3 large egg whites
- 3 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese part skim, 3 ounces shredded
- 1 pie crust
- Use a 9″ Pie Plate.
- Line with one crust.
- Spray pie plate with non-stick spray.
- To prepare the filling, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
- Add squash, zucchini, shallots, and thyme; saute for 5 minutes or until squash and zucchini are tender, stirring frequently.
- Cool the squash mixture slightly.
- Combine 1 cup reduced-fat milk and the next 5 ingredients (through eggs) in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Arrange squash mixture evenly in pan, and sprinkle with 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
- Pour the egg mixture over cheese. Bake at 350° for 45 minutes or until filling is set.
- Cool for 15 minutes on a wire rack.
Calories: 1933kcalCarbohydrates: 132gProtein: 92gFat: 117gSaturated Fat: 41gPolyunsaturated Fat: 15gMonounsaturated Fat: 50gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 704mgSodium: 4767mgPotassium: 2919mgFiber: 14gSugar: 34gVitamin A: 4085IUVitamin C: 116mgCalcium: 968mgIron: 13mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!