Breakfast Egg Muffins
- 12 large egg
Mix-ins of choice:
- Veggies like spinach, mushrooms, onions, and tomatoes
- cheese strong like extra sharp cheddar or parmesan
- Meat like turkey sausage, turkey bacon (for the carnivores)
- Herbs like chives, parsley, basil, etc.
- hot sauce to taste
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease a regular size muffin tin with a nonstick spray or olive oil. Roughly chop up mix-ins into small pieces (tip: a pizza cutter works great for this task, and a little of the cheese will go a long way).
- Whisk eggs in a medium size bowl; add all mix-ins and whisk again to evenly incorporate. Pour into muffin tin, filling each of the cups approximately half way.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until eggs are set in the middle.
- Remove from oven and use a spoon to gently dislodge muffins from the tin.
- Allow to cool on a cooling rack for at least a minute before serving, with a little salt and pepper to taste!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!