Black Rice, Spinach, Salmon and Mango Salad
An unusual and special recipe sure to wow friends and family!
- 1 8 ounce salmon fillet about 1/2 inch thick
- 1/4 cup lime fresh juice
- 1 tsp salt kosher
- 1 tsp cumin ground
- 1 tsp ginger fresh, grated, and peeled
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 1/2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 cups mango diced peeled (about 2 medium mangos)
- 1 cup tomatoes grape halved
- 1/2 cup green onions thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper finely chopped
- 1 6 ounce spinach fresh package baby
- Rinse rice, and drain well. Cook rice in boiling water 35 minutes or until al dente; drain. Cool.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add salmon; cook 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness. Cool; break into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine juice and next 4 ingredients (through garlic) in a large bowl, stirring well with a whisk. Gradually add oil to juice mixture, stirring constantly. Add rice, mango, tomatoes, onions, pepper, and spinach; toss gently.
- Place 1 cup rice mixture in each of 6 bowls; top each with 1 ounce salmon.
Calories: 114kcalCarbohydrates: 15gProtein: 1gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 392mgPotassium: 257mgFiber: 2gSugar: 13gVitamin A: 1251IUVitamin C: 46mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!