Black-Eyed Peas Hummus Wrap
- 1 lb black-eyed peas dried
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 lemons juice of
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 tsp hot sauce
- 1 tsp salt
- black pepper
- 8 large tortillas whole wheat wrap
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds shelled
- 1 cup carrots shredded
- 4 cups chopped greens in season (lettuce, spinach, kale, arugula)
- Rinse peas, cover with water in a large pot and bring to boil. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 90 minutes. Then cook, simmering until tender. Drain and cool.
- Place garlic in food processor and chop. Add peas, lemon juice, olive oil, hot sauce, salt and pepper and process until smooth. Add tahini and process until smooth, adding more lemon juice if needed.
- Spread 1/2 cup hummus down the center of each wrap. Sprinkle sunflower seeds and carrots. Add greens. Add extra hot sauce or vinegar, as desired. Roll into a wrap and enjoy!!
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!